We exist to empower our employees, clients, and referral partners to build wealth.
• We employ people who can contribute, grow, think, dream, create, and maintain a positive attitude.
• We provide excellence to our clients – with respect, transparency, equity, and honesty.
• We are more than “just another mortgage company.” The conversations we have and the resources we use with our clients revolve around their holistic financial lives.
• We consistently evaluate and improve every aspect of our business.
• We care about each other and have each other’s backs.
• We work hard, play hard, and give back to our community.
• Nobody works more than 40 hours/week – get a life!
Our employees treat all clients as relationships, not as transactions. Working with us, clients will work holistically toward improving their financial future. We intend to eliminate the discussion of rates, fees, and shopping and, instead, focus on real estate financing as a tool to build wealth. Through relationship building and the highest level of customer service, our clients will want to consistently refer their friends, family, and coworkers to us for their financial needs.
We assure our Loan Officers (LOs) are focused on their highest and best use: cultivating client relationships, qualifying borrowers, and finding optimal loan solutions. Therefore, our LOs spend very, very little time on any administrative or processing duties. Setting up files, obtaining documentation, and chasing down conditions – as well as all primary communications with everyone involved in a transaction – are handled by assistants and processors. We feel so strongly about this model we’re willing to pay for it:
• After 1 quarter of 15 closed loans, MTI will pay $37,500/year toward an assistant (plus their benefits)
• After 2 consecutive quarters of 20 closed loans, MTI will pay $75,000/year toward an assistant (plus their benefits)
• Additionally, after 2 consecutive quarters of 30 closed loans, MTI will pay for an LO-dedicated processor
We are ambitious and confident in our convictions and approach, and we will continue our momentum to accomplish the following:
By the end of 2023…
• Each LO closes an average of $2.4M in loan volume per month and earn an average of $300k per year.
• 95% of borrowers’ and realtors’ reviews give us a perfect score.
• Mortgage Trust reclaims its position as one of the top 10 small businesses on Oregon Business Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work in Oregon” list – and stays there!
• We demonstrate the obligation we have to our community by allowing each employee to spend 40 paid hours per year volunteering with a nonprofit organization of their choosing. In addition, we will match employee donations to nonprofits, up to $2500/year per employee.
• We also generate a total of 1,000 toys, books, and articles of clothing for Doernbecher Children’s Hospital through our annual Thanks & Giving event, which is attended by 200 people every year.
And by the end of 2024…
• We double our number of LOs, each working with a dedicated assistant and processor..
• Our loan officers each close an average of $4M in loan volume per month and earn an average of $500k per year. They are all coached by a professional life/business coach. Each participates in a monthly sales meeting, which is facilitated by a professional coach or consultant.
• All of our support staff work no more than 4 days per week. They are paid for full-time, even though they are only working 32 hours per week. Because our processes are so efficient, there are no negative impacts on our clients because of this practice. Nobody works in the evenings or on the weekends.
• We have a variety of team-building events and activities for our employees. The staff gets away from the office to do things like bubble soccer, archery tag, go-kart racing, scavenger hunts, pub crawls, karaoke, etc. And they can participate on teams like Hood to Coast, softball, bowling, etc.
• The staff each receive a monthly reward such as yoga lessons, a massage, car detailing, etc.
• A majority of our employees have comprehensive life plans. All of our employees have comprehensive financial plans.
In addition to processors and loan officer assistants, we already have strong leadership and administrative support in place:
• Chief Operating Officer: Darren manages the daily operations and implementation of the many ideas generated by our creative employees and other thought leaders throughout the industry. He is strategic, forward-thinking, and proactive. Darren helps ensure all of our technological platforms are current and user-friendly.
• Technology Guru: In addition to her role as Operations Manager, Aly helps support our employees' use of tech tools and resources that allow them to work as effectively and provide a world-class borrower experience.
• Marketing Manager: This team member’s primary responsibility is to consistently and proactively meet with our LOs to help them develop and implement their personal marketing plans. Examples of this include monthly database marketing to clients, open house fliers for realtors, closing gifts for clients and referral partners, and social media strategies.
• Chief Culture Officer + Event Planner: This team member is responsible for ensuring our culture is amazing, through team-building events, annual events (Thanks & Giving, summer social, holiday party, etc.), and overall care of our entire team. In addition, this team member will help all loan officers coordinate events for their clients and referral partners.
• Concierge: This team member will run errands for all employees, to help everyone achieve better life balance. This allows our team to spend more work time focused on revenue-generating activities, and more time away from work with family and pursuing their life passions.
We currently provide top-tier health care coverage, at no cost to the employee for the employee, and many options for flexible spending accounts (FSA). In the coming year:
• We plan to add an employer contribution to the FSA, as well as options for long-term disability and long-term care.
• We will establish a 401(k) with MTI matching 25% of employee contributions.